Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tweet Me a Twoem II

As my esteemed Twitter colleagues have posted to their blogs some of their contributions to last night's online poetry fest, I think it's only right I come clean and reveal some of my own. To wit:

one golden thread
she began to pull
releasing sounds carried to the stars

***

nights too long gone
without
she stalks words
giving comfort where marauding moons play

***

air
so light in space
leaves business man
aching for that touch that says,
I'm here,
waiting,
night lifts her gown

***

to find --
horrors --
the tiny hoof
that began this all

***

pray tell
who might receive
tender comings and goings below
the marble monument to nonsense

***

ah!
fawning fauns
do make for Dancing with the Stars
a most surreal experience

***

DeLay, not!
such is glaze on wood
faun's foot sticks
like Vampiress's lingering drops

***

his points be taken well
or not
I dare refrain from saying
what I really think of this

***

sadly, Liberace caught his sleeve
on angel's rubbed-raw wing
and music then did end
throughout this space

***

and Vampiress made a killing
selling bright orange vests
on back of which she quoted teacher
"I'm no target
for alien abduction"

Twas fun was had by all.

3 comments:

Kelly Sauer said...

Ooooh! I only came for the last ten minutes, but yours were some of my favorites! It takes a little to get the hang of it, doesn't it?

Maureen said...

This was my first time on Twitter and my first-ever participation in a poetry jam. I was on my computer, and just after registering with Twitter did something that required me to get a new pw to get back online. Perhaps that was the omen for the evening. I have to say, I never expected prompts from "Tabloid Headlines" and when I say Glynn's first post, "Space alien babies" (I think that was it), my mind froze. Then I just jumped in. Now I have to get a copy of that book.

L.L. Barkat said...

Yes, it was a challenge for me too. Usually I write romantic or poignant stuff. But it's always good to be stretched.

Again, glad you were there.