Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tweet Me a Twoem

I have a confession to make: I stopped resisting and joined Twitter last night. A few months ago, I joined FaceBook. Do you think maybe I can tell my son now that I've got a firm footing in the 21st Century?

I didn't join Twitter to twitter per se. I joined because I wanted to be part of the creation of a "twoem" - a hybrid term describing what can result when you wax lyrically, if sometimes bizarrely, on Twitter.

Yesterday evening's poetry jam, which involved a witty group of online writers, including L.L. Barkat and Glynn Young, received the first prompt - tabloid headlines - at 8:30 p.m. CT (9:30 p.m. here in Arlington, Va.). For the next hour, we exchanged round after 140-character round, with lots of virtual laughter. Glynn is expecting to post the new twoem on his blog on Thursday. For more about the night's entertainment, click here and here.

Tweeting twoems on Twitter tis twight a delight.

No comments: