Thursday, September 18, 2014

New Artist Watch Feature at EIL



Nicola Slattery, Curious Friends, 2004
Acrylic Painting on Board
60 cms x 60 cms

Please join me today at Escape Into Life, where I've posted a new Artist Watch column on an animal theme. Today's post features the wonderful British artist Nicola Slattery, who shares with us her impressions of cats. In addition to a selection of images of Nicola's paintings and prints, the post includes an Artist Statement and brief biographical information.

In addition to creating her charming artwork, Nicola teaches art courses in painting and printmaking.

I've had the pleasure of working with the delightful Nicola in the past, when she allowed me to share her Red Shoes acrylic-on-board painting for which I'd written an ekphrastic poem, "A Girl Can Dream", for the Image-ine series at T.S. Poetry's TweetSpeak Poetry blog.

Nicola Slattery on FaceBook

No comments: