Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Blue (Poem)

Blue

blue days
run on

a rush of crows
gaining speed
in fury
over a downhill slope

brings news
in time
to reverse strange dreams

turning thoughts
behind doors
over to forgetting

death is a failed chime

leaves
the night wind
tracing marks on
the stars

text pressed
in a jacket of fog
crumpled on the sea shore

© 2014 Maureen E. Doallas
____________________________

This poem was crafted from individual words found in a TweetSpeak Poetry post titled "Top 10 Poetic Tweets".

3 comments:

Peggy Rosenthal said...

Love the surrealism of the final stanza.
Your creativity in finding sources of poem-words is delightful. I'm trying to think where you might go next to sleuth out poems: my weekly church bulletins? a month's comments on your blog? the appointments on your 2014 calendar?!

Louise Gallagher said...

I love Peggyle's ideas! And as she said - your creativity is boundless!

Many hugs my beautiful, poetic friend.

I thought you might find this poem inspiring. It touched my heart deeply and made me think of your poetic style.

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/poem/247344#.VKLO-DDPf3A.facebook

Maureen said...

Louise, thank you. I have a copy of Claudia Rankine's 'Citizen', which I will be reading soon.