Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Raymond Carver's 'Late Fragment'

You'll find below a beautifully produced film by Eduardo Yague based on Raymond Carver's poem "Late Fragment", with actors Pau Vegas and Faustino Fernandez and music by Swoon. The videopoem is Yague's final film in his series La Luz Tenaz (The Tenacious Light), which he describes as an "[investigation of] the language of poetry, film, acting, music, photography. . . ." The complete series is found at Moving Poems.



Eduardo Yague on FaceBookVimeo, and The Poetry Storehouse

Eduardo Yague on Flickr

Raymond Carver (1938-1988), Poet, Essayist, and Short Story Writer

The text of "Late Fragment", comprising Carver's last words before dying of cancer, is from the collection All of Us: The Collected Poems (Harvill/Vintage Reprint, 2000), which includes an introduction by his widow, the poet Tess Gallagher:

And did you get what

you wanted from this life, even so?

I did.

And what did you want?

To call myself beloved, to

feel myself

Beloved on the earth. 



2 comments:

Word Actress said...

I love Raymond Carver. My copy of What We Talk About When We Talk About Love is so tattered I can barely read the words anymore. I discovered him after he passed. Such an important writer. So glad you reminded us all of that. Best, Mary Kennedy Eastham,
Author, The Shadow of A Dog I Can't Forget & Squinting Over Watert

Idus_druida said...

Excelente video.
Un abrazo.