Saturday, March 8, 2014

Saturday Short

Today's short is a rough-cut excerpt from Alive Inside: A Story of Music & Memory, a documentary by Michael Rossato-Bennett, founder and executive producer of Projector Media, that shows how music can transform the lives of the elderly and nursing home patients experiencing dementias. The film shows movingly what happens when a social worker introduces iPods to his facility.

The film won the Audience Award for U.S. Documentary at Sundance, where it had its world premiere in mid-January.



The trailer is available on Vimeo.

Additional stories are on YouTube.

Alive Inside on FaceBook and Twitter

Music & Memory Website

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent!!! Made me smile and cry!! I use music to help me to reroute and to regain my speech when I have sensory processing issues or after a hemiplegic migraine that affects my speech centers. When I started noticing that it helped, I was reminded of stroke patients or head injury patients that use alternate routes to rewire damaged areas and to clear out blocks. I also think about speech and stutterers that can be aided by singing what they wish to say instead of speaking.