Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In Song for Love Gone Deeper (Poem)

In Song for Love Gone Deeper

You carry
blues off a beat, out
of synch, still
tied, labored
in song for love gone deeper
in your wintered eyes.

© 2011 Maureen E. Doallas

I offer this poem for The High Calling's Random Acts of Poetry, which this week is seeking poems about mothers, grandmothers, motherhood, or son- or daughter-hood for Mother's Day. The deadline for submissions is Friday, April 29. Go here for more information about posting your contribution to the T.S. Poetry Press page on FaceBook.


L.L. Barkat said...

I love the way this sounds like a song, as well as suggesting a bluesy song-like person.

V. Furnas said...

Beautiful tight prose! Amazing.

SarahBeeCreations said...

I love this!
Really touches me today.

nance marie said...

love gone deeper

Laura said...

This has just the right slant of tenderness to it to make me cry a little--longing for the apron strings to be tied to, I guess.

I do so love your poetry!

S. Etole said...

this is heart touching ...

the wintered eyes ... yes