Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In Song for Love Gone Deeper (Poem)

In Song for Love Gone Deeper

You carry
blues off a beat, out
of synch, still
apron-string-
tied, labored
in song for love gone deeper
in your wintered eyes.

© 2011 Maureen E. Doallas
_____________________________

I offer this poem for The High Calling's Random Acts of Poetry, which this week is seeking poems about mothers, grandmothers, motherhood, or son- or daughter-hood for Mother's Day. The deadline for submissions is Friday, April 29. Go here for more information about posting your contribution to the T.S. Poetry Press page on FaceBook.

6 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

I love the way this sounds like a song, as well as suggesting a bluesy song-like person.

Unknown said...

Beautiful tight prose! Amazing.

SarahBeeCreations said...

I love this!
Really touches me today.

Anonymous said...

love gone deeper

Laura said...

This has just the right slant of tenderness to it to make me cry a little--longing for the apron strings to be tied to, I guess.

I do so love your poetry!

S. Etole said...

this is heart touching ...

the wintered eyes ... yes