Monday, April 18, 2011

Nard (Poem)


take towel
a bowl warm water
bend and wash
from hands grace
not pardon only blessing
the least to honor

© 2011 Maureen E. Doallas


Valerie Kamikubo said...

The word "nard" alone seems poetic to me and reminiscent of deep and heavy fragrance. Your poem is beautiful Maureen.

Violet said...

So beautiful, Maureen. I love the juxtaposition of "Nard" - the rich perfume alluded to in the title, with the simplicity of water - made rich through service. You've said a ton in your few well-chosen words!

S. Etole said...

"only blessing" ... yes

Jan Richardson said...

You can imagine I love this, Maureen! Beautiful. Deep thanks and blessing to you.

Lindsey V said...


I have a precious memory of washing the feet of my disciples in a group in's amazing the example that Jesus left for us!