Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Small Forgotten Poems

Small Forgotten Poems

1

We read ourselves in the lines
of your face, empty the red
from your warm lips, spoon ice
into sips of cognac and recall
as a poem the press of your breath
in the center of ruined wallpaper.


2

If I favor memory, I recall
the night you were born,
how I would hold you, carefully,
your lips closed over a thumb.

I would read you small, forgotten
poems.

You would suck as if a metronome,
your face the color of fire.


3

I aspire to be your introduction
to the six dimensions of the highest
moons in Galway.

Nobody says, "Don't pack rope."

2015 Maureen E. Doallas
_______________________________________

I created these poems from words found in lines from TweetSpeak Poetry's post "Top 10 Dip Into Poetry Lines".

No comments: