Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thought for the Day

Everything unborn in us and in the world needs blessing.*
~ Rachel Naomi Remen, M.D., Educator, Writer
__________________________________

* Quoted from Introduction to My Grandfather's Blessing: Stories of Strength, Refuge, and Belonging (Riverhead Books, 2000) (This is a wonderful book. I also recommend Remen's Kitchen Table Wisdom (Riverhead Books, 1997).)

"Listening Generously: The Healing Stories of Rachel Naomi Remen", Podcast and Interview at On Being, July 29, 2010

Excerpt with Rachel Naomi Remen from The Life Force: A Thinking Allowed (Video)

3 comments:

S. Etole said...

Those books sound really good.

Megan Willome said...

I remember that interview with her. Made me a fan.

Kathleen said...

Oh, I love the idea and phrase, "listening generously."