Tuesday, July 9, 2013

This Folder Is Empty (Poem)

This Folder Is Empty

This folder is empty
but the old mail piles up

subject and date and day
of the week assuming

a page of columns I forget
to flag while still looking

for your latest attachments.
Every message sent already

is received, and opened
maybe, read, perhaps

more recently deleted.
I know until I toss yours

to the basket and hit all
clear I can restore it

with a click, even make it
new again, move it anywhere

before you start new drafts,
even after my spam filters

you out, marking you once
more my contact hidden

somewhere among the saved
yet always on my calendar.

© 2013 Maureen E. Doallas

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha. sounds a bit back and forth...unwilling to finally let go...leaving a way back...

brudberg said...

What flexibility we have.. that decision of burning all the letters can be reversed.. and worse still it stays in the cloud... including all the likes.

Mystic_Mom said...

I like it. Been there! Well done.

Maude Lynn said...

Well done!

Anonymous said...

sticky tricky
fun poem

Laura said...

This is so playful, Maureen; and yet--I've experienced something similar lately. And it wasn't fun. Those notes, tucked away inside of me--one's I thought I'd deleted long ago. Sometimes they are unearthed by the happenings of the day.

Bubba said...

Interesting blend of old and new imagery, Maureen.

Stratoz said...

Interested in how we can "mark" people so easily