Sunday, July 27, 2014

Thought for the Day

            Your exact errors make a music
            that nobody hears.
            . . . you live on a world where stumbling
            always leads home. . . .
            ~ Poet William Stafford
_____________________________

Quoted from "You and Art" in Ask Me: 100 Essential Poems William Stafford (Graywolf Press, 2014)

William Stafford, 1914-1993, Poetry Consultant for the Library of Congress (1971-1972), Oregon Poet Laureate (1975-1989), Author of More Than 60 Books


4 comments:

drew said...

That's a lovely poem/quote, Maureen. A perfect Sunday morning thought for me. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

that
is a good one

Deborah Lawrenson said...

I will remember that when I next start to beat myself up over a mistake...thanks, Maureen.

Deborah Lawrenson said...

I will remember that when I next start to beat myself up over a mistake...thanks, Maureen.